An Assistant Manager is responsible for maintaining guest service in assigned store, which includes assisting the general manager in ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise inventory, expense control and managing food operating costs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mission Statement: Knowledge of and use of mission statement and core values.
- Guest Focus: Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Profitable Sales: Assist general manager in offering suggestions on how to achieve the budgeted sales and maintain budgeted gross profit.
- Financials: Assist in controlling shrink, expenses and payroll.
- In-stocks: Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing, and assortment; ensure sales items are adequately stocked within assigned store.
- Goals and Objectives: Review store trends and recommend changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
- Policies and Procedures: Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, and accurate completion of paperwork associated with cashier reports, payroll, and other miscellaneous items.
- Performance Review: Continually evaluate and communicate performance issues to the general manager, and actively recruit employees.
- Talent Management: Train and develop Customer service employees; direct and monitor training and development for employees.
- Cleanliness: Ensure store is clean neat and meeting the expectations of Rhodes 101.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must follow company training program and pass appropriate tests and other deli operation requirements.
Rhodes 101 Stops provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rhodes 101 Stops complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. Rhodes 101 stops expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference and the ability of Rhodes 101 employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.