A General Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining guest service, oversees and is accountable for the operations of assigned store, which includes ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mission Statement: Knowledge of and use of mission statement and core values.
- Guest Focus: Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Business Acumen: Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Financials: Control shrink, expenses and payroll.
- In-stocks: Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing, and assortment in Food Service; ensure Food area is adequately stocked within district.
- Competitive Sales: Comparison shop and report results; share information with VP of Operations and make appropriate price adjustments.
- Goals and Objectives: Review district/store trends and recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
- Policies and Procedures: Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through ensuring a knowledge and understanding of all.
- Performance Review: Continually evaluate and react to performance issues and actively recruit management candidates.
- Talent Management: Train and develop store management in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all store personnel.
- Cleanliness: Ensure store is clean, welcoming, and meeting company standards.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of experience in retail store
- At least 2 years in supervisory or lead role.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience specifically managing a staff of retail workers
Rhodes 101 Stops provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rhodes 101 Stops complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. Rhodes 101 stops expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference and the ability of Rhodes 101 employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.