Team Leader (Change Champion)
Team Leader (Change Champion) is responsible for maintaining guest service, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash register operations and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy/store standards. This position will also, assist with supervisory duties when no supervisor is available and drive company changes when necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mission Statement: knowledge of and use of mission statement and core values.
- Guest Focus: Maintain an average score of at least 90% on Quest-for-the-Best mystery shops and respond promptly and professionally to any guest feedback. Give appropriate participation in any promotional activities. Use of guest name when recognized or when they use check or credit card.
- Product Knowledge: Maintain an awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Work Ethic: Provide support in maintaining company appearance standards through completion of daily and weekly tasks.
- Cash Controls: Maintain execution and control over cash handling processes within daily tolerance for cash over/shortages, bad checks, and gas thefts.
- Product Quality: Able to properly maintain all Food Service guidelines to produce quality products.
- Merchandising: Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping.
- Replenishment: Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; ensure re-wraps are done promptly (not sure how this handled).
- Policies and Procedures: Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention, and sometimes lead others to make the right choices in regards to store policies and procedures when the “Leader on Duty.”
- Sales: Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash, while encouraging guests to purchase items they may need.
- Safety: Ensure you and others are practicing good safety skills, cleaning up any liquids that may be on the ground, using proper lifting techniques, and follow best practices for reporting guest and employee incidents, as outlined in safety kit.
- Change Champion: Champion changes made in processes, procedures, etc.…, and help champion/communicate those changes to employees in stores.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience working in Customer Service Role within a Rhodes 101 convenience store
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Rhodes 101 Stops provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rhodes 101 Stops complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. Rhodes 101 stops expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference and the ability of Rhodes 101 employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.